The Community Living Room was one of the stalls at the Dementia Fair held in Dementia Week. The speakers have been outspoken but spoke with passion about their experiences as a carer and a person diagnosed with dementia. Lots of people have been interested in the Community Living Room and we may get some new faces round our table!
Signs of dementia apparently are characterised by problems with thinking and memory.
- Day to day memory
- Concentrating, planning and organising
- Difficulties with language
- Problems judging distances and seeing objects in 3d
- Losing track of day or date
- Becoming confused where you are
If you have any worries about your memory and dementia, please contact your GP. Here are a couple of helpful links.